As therapists say, “if you focus on the wound you will feel hurt forever, however if you focus on the learning you will accept the growth”, so I decided to share all my decisive 2017 moments, no matter what:
1. Going on my own to tour Germany and the Netherlands by bus. Seriously, what was I thinking? Yes, I did it and I’ll do it again.
2. Accepting a marriage proposal only to break the engagement off one month later because I could not envision a life with the person I was turning myself into. *ALMOST*
3. Being sick. Not just a flu, or a common cold, but a REAL disease. I had to take 5 different meds every single day, including antibiotics, antiinflamatories and analgesics. No, I am not a masochist – the point here is as I was sick, I had to take care of myself and focus on the healing. Did I mention I was left alone on the house while my mother was doing a treatment against cancer? (of which she fully recovered and is healthy as ever).
4. Discovering the truth about Narcissists and Empaths. If you are not familiar to those definitions, please chech Psychology Today and HG Tudor’s blog.
5. Finally being able to meet in person three of my dearest European friends: Elena, Elisabeth and Joeri. It was awesome, friends, thank you so much!
6. Deciding to get out of the closet as Asexual: Yes, I will not have sex and you should mind your own business.
7. Being able to understand there is an absurd amount of narcissists everywhere and they all regard us as prey. We cannot control them so we have to spot them as quickly as possible and ru run run run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay